Check out our job board regularly. We keep it updated with Middle Tennessee s best jobs.
Wood Personnel has partnered with a Tier 1 Automotive OEM in Murfreesboro to find a Sr. Project Engineer, specializing in Process Improvement, Automation and Machine Design. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in a similar engineering role, preferably in automotive manufacturing. Additionally, qualified candidates will demonstrate extraordinary leadership and communication skills. This is a permanent position with excellent medical benefits and stability.
- Manage production staff and activities, interacting with other departments and functions to ensure production, quality and safety goals are achieved
- Promote team oriented growth throw various team building activities.
- Participate in setting KPI’s and provide feedback and input to production associates.
- Design Ad-Hoc machinery from concept to conception
- Instrument alterations to production machines to increase efficiency
- Coordinate with tool room/machine shop as needed
- Work with management and maintenance to ensure PM’s are executed and machinery is maintained at a high level.
- Coordinate with Productions Supervisors on other shifts to determine how to manage production capabilities and weekly/monthly shipping schedules.
- Utilize Lean manufacturing concepts and tools such as: Kaizen, OEE, Value Stream Mapping, and Standard Work to drive waste out of assigned value stream.
- Identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvement, and cost reduction within the value streams.
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- 5+ years experience in machine design (concept through production)
- Extensive knowledge of industrial automation and mechanical aspects of machinery, preferably injection molding
- Working knowledge and experience with Lean manufacturing principles and processes preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills including math and reasoning.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD required.